Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!

New Years was pretty uneventful in the Smith household this year. I had to work both New Year's Eve and New Year's Day! As a staff nurse we have to work holidays too! Since I am part time now, I only had to do two major holidays (full time has to do three). I was scheduled Christmas Eve and New Years Day, but one of my co-workers traded me. So I was more than willing to work all of New Years to have all of Christmas off! While I was at work I called Scott around 10pm to tell him to have his phone near him so I could at least call him at midnight, but he said he was going to bed. So, I wished him an early happy new year and at midnight my co-workers and I toasted in 2010 with some sparkling grape juice! Despite a quiet beginning to 2010, I look forward to the new things this year will bring and wish that all of you have a great year as well!

These pics were taken by Scott New Year's morning while I was sleeping. Madison loves the new kitchen island, she thinks its her new playground. I haven't yet put anything in it, but I have some wedding gifts packed away that will be going in there as soon as I get some free time!



1 comment:

Witenkling Mommy said...

Yummy, sparkling grape juice- my favorite! You better put some locks on that island :)