Monday, June 21, 2010

Rub a Dub Dub and Bedtime Woes

Madison still really enjoys her bathtime (most nights), which we still do every night. Baths are usually right after dinner, unless we are out somewhere. After bathtime we get Madison ready for bed and then we listen to the Toddler Tunes channel on our TV. And if you try to get around it she will ask for it! This was something Scott started and then she really liked it and would ask for it, so I usually do it too. We then try to read a book or two. I have to admit there have been a few nights recently that I have not read to her before bed. And then we get her lovies...her old friends blanket and bunny and a new friend Pooh. Scott's mom had gotten her the Pooh for her birthday, but she just recently rediscovered it and now calls for Pooh and likes to sleep with him too. Pooh didn't replace her other lovies, he just joined the party!

Lookin' cute in the tub!

The past couple of weeks Madison has again been resistant to bedtime. It seems to be worse on the nights where Scott and I are both home. When it's just one of us home she goes down fairly easily, but if we are both there she cries as soon as we pick up her lovies or say its time for bed.
I am usually the one to stick to her bedtime and Scott is a little more lax. So when we are both there she tries to work the two of us by getting Daddy to let her have a few more minutes. I think we both need to get on the same schedule and get back to a set routine. We have also been out late a few times recently which doesn't help. I like to put Madison down between 7:30 and 8pm, whereas Scott will let her stay up until 8:30 or 9pm. Like I said reading has gotten kind of off too. So Hopefully we can get back on track and nip this in the butt before it gets any worse! On a good note she has been sleeping in until 9 or 10am every morning and takes about a two hour nap in the afternoon!

3 comments:

Hent said...

Madison sure does look happy in that tub! When did she become attached to her lovies?!? Did she pick them or did you help?

Witenkling Mommy said...

Cute bath pics! I still can't believe she sleeps in that late. I love that you acknowledge she is 'working' you :)

Becky, Grant, Penelope and Reagan said...

Cute pics! She's adorable!!