Saturday, November 12, 2011

First Bath


About an hour after we got to our room on the fourth floor my nurse came in to bath Mallorie. She gave me the option of her taking Mallorie to the nursery to bath under the warmer or bathing her in her bassinet in the room. With Madison I wasn't given this option, so I was very excited to be able to see her get her first bath. She didn't like it very much, but I wouldn't have expected her to. Here are some pictures from her first bath...

Big sister Madison looks on as Mallorie gets her bath.
Not enjoying her bath very much!
Time to get her hair washed. She had a lot of vernix (the white cheesy material babies have in utero to protect them from their wet environment, see first picture of last post!) on her when she was born, so not all of it came off with her bath. But by the next day most of it had absorbed into her skin or been rubbed off on hats/linens.


The nurse let Madison help brush her hair. I thought that was very sweet of the nurse to involve her in the baby's care!
Mallorie doesn't have very much hair. What hair she has is very short and a light brownish color (there is so little of it that it is hard to say exactly what color it is.) It seems to be a little darker and shorter than Madison's hair was when she was born.

1 comment:

Witenkling Mommy said...

Neat that you could watch in your room, and Madison, too. She sure did have a lot of vernix! I hope you guys are adjusting well.