When Madison became more mobile, it became evident that we needed to do some baby-proofing. There is a single step down into the kitchen from the living room. It's not big, but enough that if she fell down it she would bump her head. So, we put a baby gate between the two rooms to prevent any falls down the step. But to Madison it is just another toy. She pulls herself up on it and will either suck/chew on the top of it, or rock herself back and forth against it. So it has worked out well so far. As an added bonus, it keeps Patches and her fur out of Madison's play space. At this time I also put the outlet covers on all the accessible electrical outlets, but no pics of that.
Madison trying to shake the baby gate.
I have also been using an old comforter (the one I had in my college dorm room) for Madison to play on. Our entire house has laminate wood floors, which means not so soft for Madison to crawl/play on. She crawls everywhere, and I can't really keep her on the comforter the entire time, but it does help. When I get her toys out I put them on the comforter and she mostly plays with them there. I also think the comforter is a cleaner place for her. I wash it every couple of days at least.
Madison waving and saying "buh-bye" (I still haven't been able to catch it on video, but I will keep trying) while playing on the comforter.
Just a cute shot of her playing. Notice how she rolls her tongue so that it is going up and down, she loves to do this now.
No comments:
Post a Comment