Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Eve

I had worked the night before Christmas Eve, so when I got home in the morning, I took a nap until about noon. Christmas Eve mass was at 4pm with the children's pageant at 3:30, so I had planned to meet my mom at church around 3pm. I managed to get myself and Madison ready and we were out the door by 2:30.


While Madison was eating her lunch, she put her hands in her hair. I told her not to and tried to get the food out of her hair, but that only made her laugh and do again and again! Since I knew we would be out late and her hair was a mess we did bath time before going to church.

Madison did pretty well during church, but it cut into her nap time and was a long time for a one year old to sit still (3-5pm!). She started getting fussy and antsy, so after communion I slipped out to the back so she could get down and walk around.
After church we headed to my parent's house for our annual pizza and home-made ice cream. Yummy!! Scott met us there as did Aunt Sharon and Uncle Al, my cousins Kathy, Brian, Sam, Max and Brooke and my mom's friends Lisa and Bill. We had a nice time talking and eating and took a few pics!

Madison looking cute in her Christmas dress!

Brooke and Madison

Madison and I with my cousin Kathy and her kids Samantha, Brooke and Max.


We left my parent's house by about 8pm and headed home to get Madison in bed before Santa got there! Scott's parents were also due to be getting in from NC, plus we still had a lot of work to get done on the house!
Our living room after Santa came!

1 comment:

Witenkling Mommy said...

Hee hee. love the hair. What a yummy tradition - pizza and ice cream!!!