Monday, March 22, 2010

15 Months

Madison is 15 months old today! I know it's been a VERY long time since I last posted, so here are some of the latest things that have been going on with her. She is still super happy most of the time. She can have a little attitude at times (my mom says she is just like me!). She usually only has this attitude with me. Sometimes when I tell her no she hits me or pulls my hair! She can also get frustrated very easily. For instance if she can't figure something out the first time, like putting a puzzle piece in the right place, she gets frustrated and makes a mad face and yells or throws things! Luckily, this is only a small part of her personality! Most of the time she is very sweet and loving. She loves to give hugs and kisses and loves to cuddle and sit on laps. Usually she listens when I tell her to do something, only occasionally does she ignore me or tell me "No!". Madison is also very helpful. She assists with getting dressed and undressed, puts her dirty clothes in her hamper, cleans her face/hands/table after meals (in her own way, it's not perfect, but she tries and is proud of herself for helping), throws things in the trash, helps "fold" laundry, helps get the mail from the mailbox, brings things to me when I ask for them like her shoes or a book (she loves books, but is more picky now and only wants you to read her the book she chooses!). She understands so much. We have to be very careful what we say now. Even if you think she isn't listening, she is and knows what you are saying!

Madison has been talking a lot more these days too. She has added quite a few words and a couple of simple phrases. She also jabbers nothingness a lot too! Here are some of the words she says, the ones I can remember right now anyway. Mom (pronounced more like Mum), Dad (also DaDa and Daddy), GaGa (Grandma), Papa, Duck, Dog (and Doggie), Ba (still says ba for her sippy cup), Hi, Nose, Eye, Hair, Yea, Cookie, Bubbles, No, Uh-ah, Oh No!, I see, Night Night....... Some of her talking skills are in the video below.



She also knows the sounds that a few animals make: Woof for dog, Quack for a duck (or any other type of bird), Sssss for snake, Roar for a lion (occasionally she does this one), elephant noise and arm motion, she tries to do a Gator chomp, arm motions for a monkey and once or twice she said neigh for a horse. (I had a video, but for some reason it wouldn't load. I'll try and upload it again later.)

Madison can also identify several of her body parts, but be careful if you are nearby because she may stick her finger in your eye or nose or lift up your shirt to find your belly button!



Physically she is a pro at walking and is almost running (I guess its more of a speed walking because one of her feet is always on the ground, but she is really quick), and she loves to dance. She probably weighs about 23 1/2 pounds, her 15 month appointment is next week, so I'll have her measurements then. Madison still likes to wave, give high fives and blow kisses. She has 15 teeth and loves to brush all of them!

Just this past week we have tried to get Madison down to one nap a day. She was still napping well in the morning, but it was becoming harder to get her down for an afternoon nap and then hard to get her to go to bed at night. So far it has been a relatively easy transition. So now she naps after lunch from about 1-3pm, and she sleeps from about 7:30pm-8:00am at night. I love that she is such a good sleeper!


Madison is so much fun and I love every second I get to spend with her!

3 comments:

Witenkling Mommy said...

Yay for an update! I didn't get to watch the videos, yet, but will later. She such a smiley little girl. That 'evil' side must be very small. Or maybe she just saves it for mommy :)

Becky, Grant, Penelope and Reagan said...

Aw! She is SO smart!! Love her!!!

Hent said...

I have lots of catch up to do! My mom used to say... I hope you have a girl just like you... I wasn't the easiest little one so I hope not! But if Madison is like you then that is great - because you are wonderful!