Tuesday, March 30, 2010
Check Up
Madison had her 15 month check up today with Dr Berget. She now weighs 23 pounds and 9 ounces which is between the 50 and 75th percentile, and she is 32 inches long which is the 90th percentile. So, in the past three months Madison has gained a pound and a half an
d grew a half an inch. Her growth has definitely slowed down, which is what the doctor said usually happens around this age. Dr Berget also warned me to use lots of sunscreen and sunglasses for Madison since she is so fair and has blue eyes. Ha! Try to get a 1 year old to keep on sunglasses! She thinks they are fun...for about 10 seconds! Dr Berget gave her a clean bill of health and commented on how cute she is! Then our nurse Dawn came back in and gave Madison 4 shots...HiB, DtAP (whooping cough), MMR and Chickenpox!! I was at Madison's head as she got her shots and she held her breath and turned beat red. Good thing Ms Dawn is very quick. After that we had to go to their lab and have her finger pricked to test her hemoglobin to make sure she isn't anemic. The doctor told us he likes over 12, but he would accept anything over 11. When we got in their little lab, Madison was still very upset about her shots and was sucking her thumb, so the phlebotomist stuck her ring finger on her left hand. At first she didn't cry and then she screamed and screamed and screamed! Her hemoglobin was 11.7, so we were good to go. As we walked out to the front desk she stopped screaming, but she looked horrible. Her entire face was wet with tears and snot and her face was red. She kept looking at her finger with the little band-aide on it, and each time she did she would cry again! Poor baby. When we got home I fed her lunch gave her some Motrin and then layed her down for a nap that lasted a little over two hours! Her next appointment isn't until 18 months and luckily she won't get any shots then. I hate to see my baby girl cry like that!
2 comments:
Man, I am not looking forward to the 15-month appointment with Kinley! That's a lot of pricking!
Hey Mandy, Give it a try with hats! Savy would never keep on glasses but I tried several different hats until I found one she would ignore. Then I took that one EVERYWHERE with me!
Miss you!
-Danielle
Post a Comment