Yesterday Scott and I celebrated our second wedding anniversary. Which meant Grandma got to babysit for the very first time. This was the first time in three and a half months that Scott and I have gone out to dinner by ourselves. When we got to my mom's she had an Easter basket for Madison. Since she was in Georgia for Easter, this was the first time we

had seen her. Madison seemed slightly interested in seeing her basket, and I have been enjoying a few of the candies since! As Scott and I were leaving for dinner, Madison was getting a little fussy, but I didn't think anything of it because it was almost time for her to eat. Scott and I had a nice dinner, we went to Il Pomodoro. One of my favorite Italian restaurants! When we got there, the place was empty. We were seated right away and do

ne with our meal in less than an hour. As we were driving back to my parents (which was less than 5 minutes) I was telling Scott my mom was going to be sad that we weren't gone for very long and didn't give her enough time with Madison. As we were walking to the front door, I could hear Madison screaming. Madison is usually such a good, happy baby. I couldn't believe how upset she was. She was so upset that It nearly brought me to tears! I guess my mom didn't mind us not being gone long afterall! My mom said aside from when she ate her bottle, she had cried the e

ntire time! I took her and tried to get her to settle down, but even I wasn't able to console her. Finally after about 10 minutes or so with holding her and walking around she fell asleep. I was able to pass her off to Grandma so she could get some non-screaming time in with Madison. Just before we left Madison woke up, and was in a much better mood. But as soon as we got in the car the crying started again. Once we got home I got her

bathed and ready for bed and she ate and went to bed fine. I think she was just overly tired and I think she is starting to teethe. She has two small bumps on the backside of her lower gums. Today she has been her normal happy self again...thank God!
1 comment:
She's one lucky little lady. Isn't it fun to smuggle goodies from the basket? Wait until Halloween!
Post a Comment