Last Saturday (August 28th) Scott, Madison, my mom, Chris, Scott's mom and I went to Dollywood in Pigeon Forge, TN. When I was little we used to go there almost every summer, so it was fun to be able to take Madison there. It has grown and changed a lot since the last time I was there, but there was still a lot of the same rides and stuff that I remember. Aside from a typical amusement park, Dollywood also has things like a glassblower, blacksmith, and wagon-maker, oh and don't forget a replica of Dolly Parton's childhood home. It definitely has a southern twist! It was pretty hot outside that day, but not completely unbearable. The park was relatively slow, so most rides we were able to walk right on or only had to wait a few minutes. There were a few rides that Madison was able to go on, but not as many as at Disney. But I think she still had a good time. She took one nap in her stroller for probably close to an hour, which was pretty good considering I only had her small stroller that doesn't recline. We had a great day and I look forward to bring Madison back again when she gets a little bit older.


Riding in our retro cars, our first ride of the day! Grandma W and Daddy, Mommy and Madison.
Eagerly waiting to go on the carousel.
"Neigh Neigh!"
Madison on the carousel.
The Flying Elephants, a lot like Dumbo, but not quite as good. They were a bit jerk as you will see.
"Quack Quack!" This was Madison's first ride she's ever rode with out us. I was worried how she would do when I hooked her in and then walked away, but she did fine. She didn't even care that we weren't there with her!
Madison on the duckie ride.
Next was the piggies!
And then the bumble bee!
Cute shot!
Finally took a nap at 4pm!!
I was having a hard time getting her to look at the camera, so I told her to look at me and pointed at my forehead...this is what I got! She REALLY looked at me and did what I said! HaHa!
One of the last things we did was let her run around in the mister. She loved it! She did not want to leave...she cried when I told her she was done. She got soaked, and so did Daddy! Luckily I had a change of clothes for Madison, but Daddy had to stay wet!
Fun in the mist!
2 comments:
Oooh, fun! I've always seen the ads for DW when we've been in NC. Never have gone though. Very cool that she went on rides by herself with no problems. :)
Scott is a great Dad for giving up dry clothes. I am impressed with how well she did on the rides by herself.
Post a Comment