Monday, September 20, 2010

Reunited!

This weekend I had my ten year high school reunion....Cypress Lake High School class of 2000!!  In some ways it's hard to believe it's been ten years and in other ways it feels like a lifetime ago.  I was unsure if I was going to go to my reunion, but once I saw several of my friends were going I decided to go too.  The reunion was only one event Saturday night, so three of my old friends and I decided to also get together on Friday night.  None of them live in town anymore.  Tracy lives in Orlando. Amber, her husband Mike and 14 month old daughter Aubrey (Amber also just found out she is pregnant again) live in Ocala. Meredith lives in Birmingham, Alabama with her husband Josh and three kids Drew (5), Avery (3) and Mallory (4 months).  We met at Joe's Crab Shack in downtown Ft Myers and had a great dinner and a ton of fun (we were there for like three hours!) It was so nice to see them all together again.  I had individual seen all of them at one time or another in the past couple years, but it was fun to all be together.  Luckily our husbands got along very well because the girls were way too busy talking to entertain them!

All twelve of us at dinner.

The girls...Amber, Tracy, Mandy, Meredith.

Madison and Aubrey.

Tracy and I.

Saturday night was the reunion dinner at Grandezza, which is a country club in Estero.  There was a pretty good turn out, I'd say 75 people or more.  It was nice getting to see some people I had seen in years, but we mostly stayed in our little group.  We had a good time and after the reunion event ended we headed over to Gulf Coast Town Center and went to Bar Louie, which made me feel really old.  I haven't been out in a while, like years, so the loud music gave me a headache! Yea I guess it has been ten years since I graduated! Man I am getting old! Several people from the reunion also ended up there. Overall I had a good time and look forward to seeing Meredith, Tracy and Amber again next time they head down to Ft Myers!

Mandy, Amber, Tracy and Meredith at the reunion.

2 comments:

Witenkling Mommy said...

Answered my own previous question :) Glad you had fun. Great idea to get together with your smaller circle of friends the night before - with families. Looks like one of them stole on of your girl names :)

Hent said...

Good times! Glad you were able to catch up with everyone.