The next day she was acting fine and we went out for a play date (see next post) and then stopped by the school my mom works at to visit for a few minutes. When we got home she took a short nap. When she woke up I took her in her room to change her diaper before her feeding and realized she felt warm. When I took her temperature, she was 101.1! So, I called her Doctor's office right away. They told me to take her clothes off, give her some Tylenol, give her a lukewarm bath and massage the injection site (it was red, hot, and nodular: see picture) with a warm wash cloth. So I undressed her, gave her the Tylenol and finished her feeding. Then gave her her bath and left her in just her diaper. The nurse called me back to check on her in an hour just like she said she would. Madison's temperature had gone down to 99.1. She told me to continue to give her the Tylenol every 4 hours and she would call me again in the morning. And at 8:40 this morning she called to check on Madison again. Thankful when she woke up her fever was gone (98.3) so I didn't have to take her in to see the doctor. The nurse was great! She helped me so much and she actually called back when she said she would!
Whew! And to think we have to go thru this again in another 2 months! I am NOT looking forward to that!!
1 comment:
Glad she's feeling better. She's one mighty tall girl.
Post a Comment