Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend

On Sunday, My Aunt Sharon was having the family over for a cook out and pool party to celebrate Memorial Day. I had to work that night, but I skipped my afternoon nap and went anyway. We didn't have to leave our house until 1:30, so after her morning feeding, I quickly got ready and we went to Kohls because I needed a new bathing suit (my pre-pregnancy suits are nowhere close to fitting anymore!) I found one that will suffice for now. When we got back home it was time to feed again. The picture to the left was taken during her nap after her 11 am feed. I love the leg position and she still has a hand on her baby doll and her binkie is in too. She's so cute!

So after her nap we headed to Aunt Sharon's. Scott didn't go, he was working on house stuff and had a carpenter over helping him. When we got there it was time for her 2pm feed. But of course evryone wanted to say hi. So we made a quick round, a couple of people made her cry but her nap was cut short and she was hungry, and headed to the bedroom for a feeding. I was hoping after her feeding that I would be able to take her in the pool. I was excited for her first time in a pool. But then it started raining and lightening. So, we chatted and waited for the lightening to go away. (Picture to right: Madison with my Aunt Jan)


As Madison was starting to get tired and fussy, we decided the weather had improved. Since I knew this would be our only chance to get in the pool (because I would have to get ready for work soon) we held off on the nap so I could take her in the pool. I had no idea how she would do in the pool. She has just gotten to the point where she will kick the water and splash during her bath, but this was a lot more water than her little tub! But she did very well! She seemed to somewhat enjoy it, or at least she didn't scream! But she didn't really like laying back in the water (see picture below).






















After her dip in the pool, I took a shower and got ready for work while Madison took a nap. Then Madison was able to meet my Aunt Cindy who had not met her before because she lives in Atlanta.


Next came dinner and I quickly grabbed dessert and headed off to work. My mom hung out for a while longer and then took Madison home to Scott. I was afraid of how Madison would handle being there without me, since she has been such a Mommy's girl recently. But my mom said she did okay.

1 comment:

Witenkling Mommy said...

What a trooper - so adaptable. I love her little suit/hat combo. And I'm sorry, but I can't help but notice your nursing bossom- my oh my!