Friday, May 22, 2009

The sick train comes to town...


Scott started the sickness train in our house. Madison and I had spent a few days with my parents in hopes of avoiding her getting sick, but the morning after we came back to our house, Madison and I both woke up sick. When I got out of bed I had just the slightest feeling of a dry scratchy throat and a post-nasal drip, and when I nursed Madison she sounded a little congested. I wasn't feeling too bad, and made it to work that night and the next. Friday morning when I got off of work, after I had nursed Madison, Madison was hanging out in her swing. With every breath she was having some stridor, which is a loud noise every time she takes a breath. I got took her pj's off, and grabbed my stethoscope. Her breathing didn't look labored, and her lungs sounded clear, but the stridor continued. So I took her into her doctor's office and she saw the nurse practitioner. The NP said it was just a new noise she was making, or self induced stridor, and she just had a cold. That was a relief, but I was exhausted. Once we got home I caught a nap. They also weighed her while she was there and she was up to 15 lbs 11.5 oz!
The next two days I was scheduled to work again. Saturday night at work my throat was feeling pretty awful, so after work I stopped by convenient care and had it swabbed for strep. It was negative and I was told it was just a cold too. But I was feeling bad so I called out of work that night. I needed some time to re-cooperate.
We are all feeling much better now. My throat still hurts a bit, but the secretions are getting much better. Scott is almost all better just a little cough. And Madison seems good as well, she never acted too bad, just a little congestion. However, I got a call from my mom today that her throat is sore now! I guess the sick train has left our house and moved onto my parents house! Sorry, Mom!
These pictures were taken while we were all fighting the cold bug!

1 comment:

Witenkling Mommy said...

at least you could all be sick together :)