The Davis reunion was a brunch that started at 10am. There were probably 15-20 people there. We had a nice time and we able to meet some of Grandma W's extended family, including Linda. Grandma and Grandad stayed with Linda, whose late husband Dixie was Grandma's cousin.
After brunch we headed back to Uncle Skip's hotel and then Uncle Skip, Grandma, Grandad, Scott, Madison and I loaded up in Skip's van so he could take us on a tour of Murray and Osceola. This tour was the main reason Scott wanted to go on this trip so badly. Since his mom was only 13 when she moved away, Uncle Skip had more memories/stories to share (Uncle Skip is 13 years older than Grandma). Here are some highlights from our tour...
The view all around. There was a ton of corn everywhere. They also grow a lot of soy beans there too.
Madison looking out the window at the farm where Grandma grew up. We made a trip back to the farm later in the week where I took more pictures, but I'll save that for another post.
The farmhouse Scott's Grandpa built.
Grandma was born in this building. It used to be a doctor's office.
2 comments:
That is so neat that you were able to go back and see everything. I love the house Scott's mom was born in - very cool.
Such great history! I bet Scott's mom was so glad you guys were there with them.
Post a Comment