Sunday, October 31, 2010

Busch Gardens

Wednesday we went to Busch Gardens. When we went to Sea World back in February we could either get a pass to come back all year or get one day at either Aquatica or Busch Gardens, so we choose one day at Busch Gardens. We had been planning to go for a few weeks. Unfortunately last weekend Madison and Scott both got the cold I had had a couple weeks before.  Scott decided to stay home, but Grandma and I thought we'd take Madison anyway. In hind-sight we shouldn't have taken Madison while she was sick, but I was afraid if we didn't go then we might not make it there before the pass expired. We got there at about 10:30 am. She was fussy most of the day. Luckily we made it thru the drive there and back with the help of our portable DVD player.

Madison with the flamingos.


Madison really enjoyed watching the Sesame Street show.  During the show various characters came into the audience to shake hands with the kids and dance and such.  At one point in the show Cookie Monster came up behind Madison to shake her hand. When Madison turned around and saw him right there she got a little surprised, but didn't cry.


After the show the characters took turns taking pictures with the kids, so we decided to let Madison try it out. We stood in line for a couple minutes, all the while Madison clung to me seeing Abby Cadabby and Cookie Monster up close.  Once it was our turn she buried her head on my shoulder and then cried! Here's the best pic, the only one of her not crying!


 Then we met Big Bird! After that we met Bert and Elmo inside these little rooms, but we weren't allowed to take personal pictures and I didn't want to but theirs. At least Madison got to meet ELMO! She even let me put her down when it was time for Elmo! She also asked Elmo about his blanket...how cute!

 The Snuffaluffagus ride, aka Madison's ONLY ride of the day! I had a hard time getting her on here. she cried at first, but smiled once we got going. It was really hot out and she was not feeling good.

Mommy and Maddie in Elmo's tree house.


We walked around the rest of the Sesame Street section, but every time I asked Madison if she wanted to go on a ride she told me no.  So I asked her if she wanted to get wet and put on her swim diaper and she was all about it! I think this may have been the only time she smiled all day! She loves the water and I'm sure she enjoyed cooling off. It felt good to Grandma and I just to get our feet wet! We had a hard time getting her out of there though! I think we were in the little water section for almost an hour!




 Madison was not a fan of the birds up close either...she only liked them from a distance! After this we grabbed some lunch and then walked around to get Madison to take a nap.  It didn't take much walking to lull her to sleep. Overall I think she slept for about an hour or less.

We saw the gorillas while Madison napped. Luck for us they happened to be doing a demonstration as we were walking through, so there were several gorillas close to the glass. This guy was leaning on the glass. So cool to get so close to an animal that is so closely related to humans.
 
A sleeping Madison with the Gorilla!
 
Madison with the Elephants. Note how she is doing her elephant impression with her arm.

After seeing a few more animals we hopped on the train to see a few more animals.  The train did not go over well at all. Madison did not want to sit still...she was wiggly and crying.  Needless to say we got off the first stop we could!
 
Totally over it! As soon as we got off the train we made our way to the exit and headed home. It was only 4ish, but Madison had all she could handle for the day!

No comments: