Saturday, October 23, 2010

Madison is 22 months!


Yesterday Madison turned 22 months! I can't believe she will be 2 years old in just 2 months! Here are some tidbits about Madison these days...
  • She is still really tall for her age, I'm not sure the exact measurement (she was 34in at 18 months and judging by her clothes she is taller than that now), but a couple of people lately have commented on her looking even taller!
  • Madison continues to be a good eater. She's not too picky, she eats most things we give her. She still likes fruit the most, but will also devour some odd things for a toddler like tomatoes, pickles and salad.
  • She now is only getting milk twice a day.  I used to give it to her with each meal, but realized she was getting more than she should. Now she only gets milk at breakfast and dinner.  I was afraid it would be a hard transition, but she has handled it well. She has only asked for it a few times and has been fine when we tell her no.
  • Daddy has become her favorite. For the past 2or 3 weeks Madison has preferred Daddy.  She gets mad at me when I work and Daddy is a bit more lenient with her. This continues to be hard for me, but I try my best not to let her see she is upsetting me.
  • Madison talks quite well. Her conversing continues to improve all the time. She speaks in sentences very well.  Occasionally she says something I can't understand, for example the other day she was asking for a cereal bar, but I just wasn't getting it. She kept repeating it for me. I tried to say what I thought she was saying, when I would guess it incorrectly she would look at me giggle, shaker her head and say "no." It is so cute, her expression and tone are as if she's saying "don't be silly Mommy, that's not what I said!" So now when she says something I will intentionally ask her if she said something else so that she will do it, like when she says Cinderella, and I ask her is she said peanut butter (Grandma pointed out the other day that it sounds like PB, so now that's all I hear when she says Cinderella!).
  • Princesses! She is so obsessed with them and Tinkerbell and the other fairies. Madison knows who all of the Princesses and Fairies are and asks constantly to watch one of them.  I try to limit her TV watching, but it is still a good way to get things done like getting ready in the am and making dinner.
  • Madison is still in gymnastics and music.  She loves gymnastics and has become more comfortable there. In the beginning she was kind of cautious and would cling to me, now that she's more comfortable there she wants to run and explore the whole place. Which would be fine if there weren't several other classes going on around us.  Madison has also gotten a little bit more involved in music class. I still am not crazy about this teacher, but at least Madison is participating in class some now. When we are in the car she really enjoys the songs. She sings some and does the motions.
  • She tests her boundaries everyday. Today she threw some coloring books on the floor, so I told her to put them back on the table. She told me no, so I told her I would help her. I picked them up and handed them to her and told her to put them on the table. So she put them on the chair instead! Any little way she can test me she will! Time out is used usually about once a day!
  • We have been trying to get Madison to work on things like counting, the alphabet and colors.  Again she will get defiant and will only did it if she wants to.  She can count to 3 and can count up to 10 with help. As for the alphabet she will say ABCD only. When we do her ABC book she will say them all, but not without us saying them first. If I ask her the color of something she is not good with naming them, but if I put out several colors of crayons she can correctly identify them, for example I will say "point to the green crayon" she can point to the right one. I guess we'll keep trying. I try not to push it because I don't want to turn her against them all together.
  • Madison loves to be outside. Scott takes her outside in the back yard more than I do. She loves to be out there and sit in her wagon and visit the 'big doggies.'

I think Madison is looking more like me in these pics!

1 comment:

Witenkling Mommy said...

She looks so mature in these pictures. I love how they stick with it when they say something perfectly correct in their minds, but we can't understand. And then you (finally) guess it and they are like, 'of course!'