Thursday, October 14, 2010
Music Together
We started back to music class about a month ago. We now go on Thursday mornings. Kellie and Kinley still go with us, but not Lorelai (she is in preschool). Also this semester we have a different teacher, Miss Janet. It has been a rough transition for Madison. She was doing really well with music last year with Miss LouAnne, but this time she has been very clingy and not wanting to participate at all. In fact the first class Madison stared at Miss Janet for the first 15 minutes of class as if to say "You are NOT Miss LouAnne..who are you!?" I also don't like Miss Janet as much as Miss LouAnne. Miss Janet is just not as warm and friendly or as creative as Miss LouAnne. Madison has gotten a little better, but if we do music again, it will have to be with Miss LouAnne. Her lack of involvement may have also had to do with the fact that she had been up relatively late on Wednesday nights with gymnastics. We had been getting home and then I would make dinner leading to a bedtime of 9pm or later. So the past two weeks we have done a quick dinner and been in bed at her normal 8:00-8:30 bedtime. I think this has helped a little. The above picture was taken after music, lunch and a quick stop into Old Navy last week.
2 comments:
That's one tuckered out little girl. I just replied to an email form Mrs. LouAnne and shared some of the differences/things I miss about her as our teacher. Hoping its helpful, not hurtful. We love class with you, but understand if it doesn't happen next semester. We'll have to make another weekly arrangement.
She looks exhausted! I love the idea about music clas... Kellie gave me the info and I'm going to try to find one here.
Post a Comment