Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Christmas Day 2010

We had a great Christmas this year. Madison really got into it all. She loved opening her presents, she learned who Santa, Frosty, Rudolph and Baby Jesus are and she loved all the lights. We had so much fun with her throughout the entire Christmas season, but Christmas morning was especially fun! I got up around 8:30 and as soon as I got out of bed Madison called for me. I quickly got Scott up too so we could get pictures of her getting her first look at the presents...
She was definitely in shock! She Stood there in awe for a minutes until we prompted her to take a closer look.
Unfortunately we had to get her to wait about 15 minutes until Grandma, Papa and Uncle Chris got there. While we waited I got breakfast ready...monkey bread and hashbrown casserole (Grandma made and egg casserole).

We had WAY too many presents, especially when Grandma added hers under the tree! It took us about two hours to open them all with a break in the middle for some yummy breakfast. Here are some pictures from the present opening frenzy!

Stocking stuffers! I had a couple of videos I tried a few times to download, but for some reason I couldn't. But in them you can see how excited Madison is opening her gifts. She did so well opening them on her own. And if they were tough to open up she would grunt and shake as she tried to get into them it was so cute, wish the videos would have downloaded.

 Opening her princess dolls from Grandma and Papa. There were seven of them! Definitely one of her favorites!

 Papa helping her out.

 She loves her keyboard from Aunt Jenna, Uncle Geoff, Taylor and Lauren! She really likes to sing into the microphone!

 Grandma loved her Madison book and calendar!

Ariel blanket from Grandma and Papa! She's slept with it everyday since!




After presents were done Grandma, Papa and Uncle Chris left and we took a nap before heading over to my cousin Kathy's house for Christmas dinner. At Kathy's house were most of the family on my mom's side. My Aunts, Uncles and most of my cousins and all their kids. We had a great time, no presents just good food and good company and of course amazing desserts and a show by the kids to top it off!

 She had to get her hands in the water! The weather was beautiful highs in the low 70's, but the water was freezing, and as the sun went down it got a bit chilly outside.

 Family photo take 1...

 ....and take 2!

 Madison loves her big cousins. Here with Samantha. The dark eyebrows were part of her costume for their show where she played Scrooge.

 Kisses from Brooke!

 And then Alexa!

 Madison with Aunt Jan and Mimi (my cousin Billy's fiance Kailey's dog).

 Madison LOVES dogs and Mimi was no exception!

 This scooter was laying outside, not sure if it was Sam or Brooke's, but Madison liked it. Note her being a trickster on one foot!

 Madison enjoyed the "big kids" show!

 "Mom, no more pictures!" Yea, she has my attitude...haha!!

When we got home I had to open up her princess dolls for her!

This Christmas was truly the best Christmas ever. I remember when I was a little girl and how much I loved to get presents, but now I could care less if I get any. I honestly just love to watch Madison and the joy and excitement on her face is more than enough for me! I can't wait for next Christmas!!

2 comments:

Verla Orick said...

It was the best Christmas ever, Madison had a great time and so did we. Thank you Mandy and Scott for letting us share in this memory.

Witenkling Mommy said...

What a wonderful Christmas! I almost got her the kitty keyboard for her birthday- it was between that and the puzzles we got her. I know what you mean about how Christmas changes for you- I'd much rather watch them open gifts and see their joy than get any of my own. I can't believe how big (grown up) Madison looks when she comes out for presents in the morning.