Thursday, July 21, 2011

24 Weeks


Sunday marked the beginning of my 24th week. It's hard to believe I am that far along already, but  when I think how long I've been sick it feels like forever! That's right, I am unfortunately still sick. It's not as bad as it was in the beginning. I feel okay a large portion of the time, but I am still throwing up about once a week. I'd say I feel bad only about 15% of the time or less and am taking my anti-emetic (anti-throw up med) Zofran about once every 2-3 days. So a definite improvement from feeling bad 100% of the time (and needing the Zofran 2x a day)! BUT I am totally ready to not be sick at all!


Otherwise everything is going well. I had an appointment with Dr. Stubbs today (I am 24w4d). Everything checked out well. My mom and Madison accompanied me. It was a quick check, my BP was fine, Mallorie's heartbeat was 150, my belly measured perfect and I have gained a total of 4 pounds so far (thanks to being so sick I haven't gained much yet). Dr. Stubbs said everything was going well and I am doing a great job. He also commented that it didn't look good for my sickness going away but that he promised it would be gone after the baby was born..Ha!
Mallorie is quite the little mover. She seems to be just as active as Madison was. I don't know that she is any more active at any certain time, but she does move more after I eat. I can now see her moving from the outside. The other night I was lying on the couch and the remote was on my belly and she started kicking the remote! While we were at Sanibel (when I was about 22 weeks) Jenna, Taylor and Lauren were able to feel Mallorie move. My mom had already felt her move at 19w6d. And this past week Madison felt her too! Here are a couple pics of my expending belly taken at 23w5d on our last night at Sanibel.

3 comments:

Desi said...

LOVE the last pic, so cute! The dress is adorable too! Can't wait for her to be here! :)

Witenkling Mommy said...

I LOVE the last picture! Looks like Madison is ready to meet Mallorie :) Glad you're feeling even a little bit better. We need to get the girls together for a play date.

Hent said...

So bummed you are still feeling sick BUT at least it is better. Madison is going to be such a great big sister!