Thursday, July 28, 2011

Potty Training Day 1

So proud of her big girl panties!

Madison has been somewhat resistant in using the potty in the past. But with the baby coming in about three months I decided I don't want two kids in diapers and today would be the day to start potty training. This morning Madison and I went to Publix and when we got home (at about 12:30pm) PT was in full effect. I told Madison to sit on the potty and we were going to put on big girl panties. She didn't pee, but I went ahead with the panties. I had her sit on the potty a couple more times with no success, but she also hadn't had any accidents. Then all on her own she jumped up and said she had to pee. So we rushed to the bathroom and...success!! I got so excited that I think I kinda got her excited and made her stop peeing! The look on her face was priceless though. You could see in the huge smile on her face how proud of herself she was! I gave her praise, hugs, kisses, a high-five and or course an M&M. Then we went and told Daddy. Daddy was very proud of our big girl as well. Within 5 minutes Madison was saying she had to go again, and this time it was a good amount (probably because I had interrupted her with my congrats the first time). Madison went probably about two or three more times before nap time, and kept her panties dry!  Each time she sat on the potty she told me I had to sit on the edge of the bathtub.  At nap time I told her she needed to wear a diaper and she replied "I don't want to wear a diaper!" She reluctantly put her diaper on for her nap, but I told her if it was dry when she woke up she could have an m&m. When she woke up it was still dry! In fact she stayed dry for the rest of the day! She did go with Scott to the store for about an hour, and since it was only day one of PT she wore a diaper and it was slightly wet when she got home, but other than that she stayed dry from 12:30-10pm. No poop today, in her panties, diaper or potty. Tonight I also put her in a diaper for bed time.  Overall I would call day one of potty training a HUGE success!! Tomorrow we are supposed to be going to a water park so PT will be on hold for a large part of the day, but hopefully that doesn't undo the progress we made today.

Saying "ROAR" like a dinasour!

No comments: