Wednesday, August 3, 2011
Update on Potty Training
Potty Training has been going really well! Since officially starting less than a week ago I think Madison has only had one or two pee accidents. And it has only been a tiny wet spot in her panties and not a big puddle on the floor. When we go out I put her in a Pull-up, I haven't wanted to chance it outside of the house yet in panties. I am mostly worried about a big wet mess in the car seat. But tonight we went to dinner with my parents and stopped by their house and she stayed dry the whole time. She did start to poop in her pull-up but finished it on the potty. So far she has only pooped on the potty twice. She told me last week she was too little to poop on the potty! Ha! Any other time she says what a big girl she is!
We had been doing M&M's when she used the potty, but I decided we should switch to stickers. So I made a "potty chart." She loves putting stickers on the chart and hasn't even mentioned the M&M's since we started using the chart. Since taking these pics, she has filled the pee column (I am going to add another sheet for just pee) and added two princess stickers to the poop column. She hasn't managed to stay dry during naps or overnight yet, so we still use diapers for sleeping. Overall I am so impressed with how quickly Madison has figured it out. She should definitely be daytime trained before Mallorie comes!
2 comments:
Glad to hear its still going well :)
Madison looks so grown up in these pictuers,,,I think its her hair down.
Post a Comment