Thursday, August 25, 2011

Third Trimester!

I am now officially in my third trimester (as of last Sunday 8/14)! Last Thursday I had my 28 week check-up with Dr Stubbs. I had to do the dreaded glucose tolerance test to check for gestational diabetes. I remember having to drink the stuff with Madison and how horrible it made me feel, so I was not looking forward to this at all. But it wasn't quite as bad I remembered it being. Towards the end of drinking the 10oz of super sweet orange drink I was having a hard time finishing it, but it went down fine and only made me feel slightly nauseous for an hour or so. My appointment went well. The girl even asked me where my mom was (this was the first appointment she had missed). It made me a bit sad to tell her she was in Georgia :(  Since Grandma wasn't with us I had to take Madison into the bathroom with me. She was a bit concerned with why I was peeing in a cup! Ha!
Everything checked out well. I am now up a grand total of 7 pounds, Mallorie's HR was 156, blood pressure remains good and my belly is still measuring right on track. After I saw Dr S the medical assistant came back in to draw my blood for the glucose level as well as a blood count and repeat HIV test. Madison watched very closely as they drew my blood. She was quite concerned about Mommy getting an ouchie! I heard back from Dr Stubb's office earlier this week. She said everything was good...my glucose was perfect, but that my iron was a bit low. My Hgb was 10.2 (should be closer to 15). I believe earlier in this pregnancy it was like 12, so it has dropped. She also said Dr S said I didn't have to do iron supplements yet, but that I need to try and increase my intake of iron.

Pictures taken tonight at 29w4d.

Madison continues to be super excited about the baby. She usually comes up to my belly at some point in the day and lays her head on my belly and talks to and kisses Mallorie. She also frequently asks when the doctor is going to cut Mallorie out of my tummy. I tell her she needs to grow bigger still, and that she will come out after Halloween and Trick or Treating. I think Madison is going to be a great big sister and an awesome little Mommy's helper! Last night she told me she was going to change Mallorie's diapers too.
I started writing this blog last night and was going to put how I have been feeling a lot better, but then I had a bad day today. I had to take Zofran twice today. I never actually got sick, but I was pretty close. Every time I think I am starting to feel better I get a little reminder that I am not!


No comments: