Wednesday, August 3, 2011

It's Official...

My parents are moving full-time to Georgia...boohoo! They officially accepted an offer to sell their house and have a closing scheduled for September 12th. I am so bummed about it. I know it's what they want, but I can't help being selfish in wanting them here close by me. I am such a Mommy's girl and am so sad about this! I don't know how I will function without my mom here. I knew it was coming, but it happened to quickly, I think their house was only on the market for about three weeks. And the reality of it is much harder to deal with than the possibility.  My dad will be staying in town to continue working thru the end of the year and then he will be retiring and moving up there too. My mom promises to be back here for Mallorie's birth, and we are already planning a trip to see them and Scott's parents right after Christmas.

With this moving coming up so soon I am trying to take advantage of every moment I can to spend with them. Tonight we met up at my parent's house and then went to dinner at Rib City with our old neighbor Denise and her husband Bill. After dinner we went back over to my parent's house for a little while to hang out. I am going to miss them so much! Hopefully we will be able to join them in Ga in the next couple of years.

2 comments:

Witenkling Mommy said...

Aw. I know you must be crushed. I have a feeling Grandma will be making lots of visits to FL to see her girls.

Hent said...

Oh no! So sad. Now we will have to meet up in Goergia sometime. Enjoy your time with your parents.