Thursday, August 25, 2011

3D Ultrasound


This evening Scott, Madison and I went to get a 3D ultrasound of Mallorie. She wasn't very cooperative, and that may have been partly my fault. As I said in the previous blog I was feeling pretty sick today, so I hadn't had much to eat. Which in turn meant Mallorie wasn't very active. Right away we learned that Mallorie is currently in the breech position, which I kind of thought she was because she loves to kick my bladder! For a week or so she had been on my bladder less so I thought she had moved to vertex (head down) but then this week I felt her kicking my bladder again. I wasn't sure if she was kicking it or hitting it, but today it was confirmed that she has been kicking it. The u/s tech (Wendy) said when a baby is breech it is always harder to get good pictures of them. Plus Mallorie liked having her legs up by her head and her hands by her mouth. I felt bad for Wendy she did everything she could to get Mallorie to move her hands, I even ate some popcorn and drank a little coke (which they serve 'free'). The food/soda seemed to help a little. We were able to get a few good shots.
Madison did pretty well throughout the entire thing, she ate popcorn, watched the u/s on the TV, offered Mallorie some of her popcorn and even used the potty. I can see some resemblance between the girls based on their scans. It will be interesting to see if they really do look alike once Mallorie is born! Oh, and Mallorie seems to be a thumb sucker like Madison!
I almost forgot to tell about her size! Her head was 27.35cm in the 24th percentile, femur 5.86cm 65th percentile (measuring a week ahead!), and abdomen 25.27cm 41st percentile. Which puts her at a weight of 3pounds 3ounces 46th percentile! Overall she was within a day of my gestation by dates, so she is right on track (29w4d)! Based on these numbers she is smaller (by about a week) then Madison was at about the same time. I think Madison was 3lb1oz at 28 weeks! I wouldn't mind having a smaller baby this time since Madison was 8lb1oz at 38w4d. Not that it really matters since I am having a repeat c/s. Anyway here are some of the best shots.

 Her little foot now measures 5.82cm!

 Spine...we saw a lot of it as she turned away from the camera throughout most of our scan!

 Evidence of her torturing me by kicking my bladder!!

 It's still a girl!

 She was turned away but you can see a perfect little ear and her jawline/neck.

 Looking straight on...her mouth was wide open. Wendy said she was yawning. We also got to see her have the hiccups a couple of times.

 Curled up in a ball making it very hard for us to see her....she is stubborn already!!

 Sucking her hand.

 Covering up her face some more.

Check out the chubby cheeks!



 Profile

 Both arms in her face...one covering her face, the other by her mouth.

 Another profile...looks like she is blowing a bubble!

This one reminds me of one I had of Madison!

1 comment:

Witenkling Mommy said...

I still think 3D pics are weird (of any kid). Is Mallorie still breech. I can't believe her birth is so close!!