Friday, July 22, 2011

Sunsplash


Sunsplash is a local water park. I have not been there since I was in high school. Scott has taken Madison there once before (I think it was last year), but I had never taken Madison. So when my mom said she and her friends were going, I thought it would be a fun outing. We had a blast. Madison loved it! All of the pictures I took were in the tot spot, which Madison liked alright. She really liked the lazy river and the otter slide. Unfortunately I couldn't take pictures of these two things without getting my camera wet. The otter slide is only for little kids. Either Grandma or I would walk her up to the top and the other would wait to catch her at the bottom. For some reason they couldn't go down this little slide with their floaties/life jackets on, so one of us had to be there to catch her (the reason I also couldn't get a picture). At the top of the slide the lifeguard would line up the kids (I think 6 could go at once). Once it was the next groups turn he would give each kid a high five and tell them they could sit at the top of the slide and then on his mark they all came down at once (there were separations between each kid). It wasn't busy, so Madison was able to do it over and over! Madison did very well with listening to his direction. He actually mentioned to my mom and I that she was the most well behaved kid he had all day! It's always nice to hear good things about your kid!


We had lunch there and hung out as long as we could until it was getting close to nap time. As we were leaving the sky started getting dark. Actually right after we left a storm came rolling in and everyone had to get out of the water. So my mom and her friends left right after we did. Luckily we got home and got inside just before the rain started.



No comments: