Sunday, March 22, 2009

Back to work

Sunday March 15th was the end of my maternity leave and my first night back to work. It was just as hard, if not harder, than I had expected it would be. I started crying about 45 minutes before I had to leave, cried off an on my 30 minute drive there and then cried for about the first hour of work. I called Scott a couple times to check on her. He assured me she was just fine. I knew he would do fine and she would be okay, but that didn't mean I would be! As soon as I got home that morning I went into her room to see her. She was still asleep, so I just stood there and stared at her! I couldn't wait for her to wake up so I could hug and kiss all over her. I don't think I had ever been so excited for her to wake up.
I have been back two days since and it has been a little easier each time, at least I didn't cry anyway. I have already put in my request to go to part time. Hopefully it will be soon!
Since Scott and I are both nurses working night shift, we are lucky in that we won't need to use any sort of day care. We are working opposite nights. Which is hard because we won't be able to spend much time together, but I would rather my baby girl be with one of us than a stranger.