One of my co-workers and friends Kathleen moved back to Indiana last Friday. A couple days before that a few of us met at Lakes Park to say good bye. When I was pregnant with Madison I was one of ten girls at my work that were pregnant at the same time. Kathleen was the first to have her son Marty and Madison was number ten (Jaime was ninth in line with Jack). Kathleen has since had another son named Max who is six months old. Kathleen's husband just finished Nurse Anesthetist school in June, so he found a job in Indiana to be closer to their families. I am excited for her to be closer to her parents, but will I miss her greatly.
Jenny with her son Lucas, Kathleen with Max, Irina (she's preggo with her first, a girl named Alina) holding Marty, Me and Madison, Jaime and Jack.
Wednesday July 28th we met at Lakes Park near the Train playground. It was quite hot outside, but we found and empty shelter and sat under there. Jaime brought some yummy snacks for us and the kids to enjoy while we talked and the kids played. Madison was a bit shy at first and only wanted to sit by me, but after a couple of mini doughnuts played some with the other kids. I think she may have been a little unsure because it was all boys there! When she couldn't see Jack she would call out his name...so cute!
Kathleen with Max and Kathleen with Max and Elaine with Ethan.
At about 11am we had enough of the heat and decided it was time to hit the water playground. I was unsure of how Madison would do since the last time we went with Kellie and her girls she hated it, but this time she LOVED it!! I don't know if it was because she was so hot she would do anything to get wet, or if her exposure to multiple pools over the summer has made her less afraid of water. Whatever it was that lead to her new found fondness of the sprinklers was great. We splashed around for a half hour or so and then said our good byes to Kathleen, Marty and Max. :( We'll miss them!! Jaime, Jack, Madison and I then grabbed a bite to eat and took it back to Jaime's before heading home for naps.
Madison enjoying the wet playground!!!
Marty and Jack
And finally a video of the three kids enjoying the water on their last play date together!
2 comments:
I'm glad she likes the sprinklers now!! (or atleast that day). all boys? I'd be intimidated, too.
Mandy she is so cute running around. Hooray for enjoying the water. That is crazy that you all were pregnant around the same time... I'm sure your work loved that!
Post a Comment