Monday, August 16, 2010

First Official Haircut

My mom trimmed Madison's hair once just after Madison's turned one, but had never been to a real salon to get it cut.  The hair in the back of her head was kind of uneven.  Since her hair is so straight I felt it was noticeable.  Her hair was much longer on the sides and then the back and there were some uneven layers in the back.  So on August 10th we headed to a local kids salon called Banana's.  I didn't make an appointment, but we only had to wait l0-15 minutes. While we waited Madison played in a little playhouse and with a train set.
When they told us it was our turn Madison went straight to the pink Jeep without anyone telling her to.  She couldn't wait to sit in it! 
They put a smock on her and she wasn't quite sure what it was.  She kept trying to get her hands out of it, like a little game.  She also had her own TV to watch, I picked Elmo for her.  She did much better then I thought she would do. She only got upset for a second, and then she went back to watching Elmo (which has been a recent favorite). The girl was really quick and we were out of there in less than 10 minutes.  Ohh...and they sell bows there, so of course I had to buy a couple! I had to restrain myself from buying more.  I can get more with her next haircut!


Sitting in the pink Jeep before her haircut.

Momentary crying.

Distracted by Elmo!

She even got a certificate.

The "after." You can't really tell, but it's more even now.

2 comments:

Hent said...

Let the hair pampering begin! Her hair looks very cute. I'm excited for when Grace can wear bows.

Witenkling Mommy said...

Such a grat place for 1st hair cuts!