We had already had Madison's birthday party, but we couldn't let her actual birthday go by without some sort of celebration! Tuesday night while she was sleeping I decorated her door and the living room. I used streamers and the hanging Tinker Bell decoration left from her party, and I even blew up some balloons. It was so worth the effort because she was so excited when when she woke up and saw it!
I decorated her chair too! I was going to make her pancakes for breakfast since it's one of her favorites, but when I asked her she said she wanted Tinker Bell cake. Normally I would not let her eat cake for breakfast, but since it was her birthday I let her have it. She didn't eat much though, I think she was too excited about her birthday and all the decorations!
Posing with Frosty while we waited to see Santa.
Madison and Santa's first meeting!
She did so much better than I would have thought!
"Don't touch me!"
Daddy, Madison and Mommy in Santa's winter wonderland!
The 2 year old!!
Daddy helping Madison with her letter to Santa.
Mailing her letter.
We even got to decorate a cookie!
Checking out the fish in the aquarium with Papa. We had a great time at Bass Pro...all for free!!
Family shot at Red Robin for Madison's birthday dinner!
Papa, Grandma, Uncle Chris
Yum! More ice cream!
After dinner we stopped by Grandma's house to let Madison open her presents and have her cookie cake. Their house is sorta on our way home, and our house would have been way out of their way.
She really got into presents this time! When she was all done I asked her what she should say, trying to get her to say thank you, and she said "More presents!" Ha! She did say thank you after that and give hugs.
Madison opening part of her gift from Grandma and Papa.
A couple cute things in this video...As she is opening we ask her what it is and she says "I don't know" which has become a frequent response recently. Even if she knows the answer she will say she doesn't know. Then I love how she says "Oh my goodness!" Also of note is how well she cleans up after herself!
Time for more cake...a yummy cookie cake I picked up at Target!
She's a pro at blowing out her candle!
After cake Papa read her 'The Night Before Christmas.'
On a side note...Madison is currently about 28 pounds and a little over 35 inches tall (as best as I could measure with a wiggly 2 year old and a toy tape measure!haha!!).
2 comments:
"OH MY GOODNESS" too funny!
What a fun day!!! the profile pic with her tongue sticking out is SO Mandy. Yay for a non-crying Santa experience. I can't believe how many presents she had in that pile!!! and then Christmas - lots of love for little Maddie.
Post a Comment