Saturday, December 18, 2010

Tinker Bell Cake!

Today was Madison's Second Birthday Party! I can't believe we were celebrating her birthday again already (she won't actually be 2 years old for 4 more days), it feels like we just had her first birthday! Our theme this year was Tinker Bell. We have been talking about this since the beginning of November. I had actually shown her the Tinker Bell cake at Publix a while ago and anytime we've had cake lately (Jack and Aunt Ann's b-days) Madison has thought they would have a Tinker Bell cake! To which I would tell her they would have whatever kind of cake they wanted because it was their birthday and when it was her birthday she could have a Tinker Bell cake. So I was SO excited to show her the cake this morning! Madison actually spent last night at Grandma and Papa's house so that she could sleep in and be in the best spirits possible for her party. I was out of the house at about 7:40am this morning to get the cake and get to Grandma's house (Grandma offered up her house for this years party!) When I got to my mom's this morning Madison was still asleep as I had expected she would be. When she woke up I showed her the cake and she LOVED it! She wanted to touch it, but I told her she needed to leave it alone so all her friends could see how pretty it was.  Practically the entire time my mom and I were preparing the appetizers she was asking to "sit on counter...see Tinker Bell cake!"


The party started at 11am (I decided to try having her party before nap time this year). The weather the day before had said pm rain chance 40%. So I was hoping that meant after Madison's party. However, the storm rolled in a few hours earlier than expected. On my way to my mom's house it was very lightly sprinkling and as the time went on it was a full-on downpour! I had been planning to most of the activities outside, so I was very disappointed in the weather. I waited it out as long as possible to put up the tables in hopes that the rain would end and we could still sit outside, however about a half hour before we were to start I realized it was not going to stop, so we set up everything inside. It made things a bit tight, but we were all able to have a great time inside. We were unable to do a couple of the activities I had planned (bubbles and play dough) but I had coloring books and stickers that kept the kids busy.

 One of the kids tables. Last minute I got these fairy masks, all the girls loved them...except Madison!

 Some of the party decorations.

 Kinley and Lorelai pose in their masks.

Cake was definitely the part of the party Madison was looking forward to the most! So after we had some snacks (fruit, chips, cheese & crackers, pretzels and cheese ball) and pizza we moved on to cake! Madison sat and stared at her cake while we all (about 30ish people) sang to her. I then told her to blow out her candle and she did it in one blow (see video below). Everyone loved her cake and Madison loved eating it!!

Blowing out her number 2 candle.


"Happy Birthday to Madison!"

 Posing with her cake in her "2" shirt and princess skirt. When I changed her diaper after lunch she told me she wanted to take her Tink dress off so she didn't get it dirty! Ha! I love Kinley's smile in the background too!

A little investigating her cake and some of the guests.

 I love this picture. They look so grown up, like 3 friends out to lunch!

 "Yummy!"

 Madison, Reese, Lorelai, Kellie (and Baby ToTo!), and Kinley!

Present time! I swear it was the fastest present time I have ever seen (less than 10 minutes!). Madison's friends helped and we were done with presents in no time flat! Which is nice because it can get a bit monotonous. I was actually planning not to open gifts at the party, but since we had less to do while being stuck inside AND she really wanted to open them I let her.

 This picture makes me laugh. Obviously no one was aware of my camera!


One of her favorites of the day...a Tinker Bell Doll! Note her crown also...she put it on that way. I said it made her a ghetto princess. My cousin Kelley said that's how a princess would play tennis!

 Her first bike! Grandma and Papa got it for her.

 Most of the kids, a few had left already. Madison and Kinley were obsessed with ringing the bell on the bike, so I couldn't get them to look at the camera for anything.

 "I'm outta here!" She has her backpack, Tink and her princess crown...everything a girls needs!!

 With some of her presents. Madison is such a lucky girl to have gotten so many nice gifts! Thanks to everyone who came out despite the rain!

 Mommy and Madison. She made me wear this bow on my head, she said it was my crown.

Family shot

We had a great day, despite the inclement weather. Madison had the time of her life. When we got home tonight she said she wanted to have another party!! Ha! She'll have to wait another year!

2 comments:

Witenkling Mommy said...

Great birthday post and pictures! I love how I fit in so well with the 3 and under crowd :) It was a very fun party- now Kinley can't wait for her turn...

Hent said...

Happy 2nd Birthday, Madison! Bummer about the rain but it looks like everyone had a great time, especially the birthday girl.