Saturday, December 18, 2010

Playroom!

The playroom is DONE! We still need to get some shelves or pictures on the one wall, but almost all of the toys are now out of the living room. I still have a corner with the exersaucer and a couple other "baby" toys, but hopefully once the other bathroom and closet are complete they can leave too. (It could be a master suite once the bathroom is done, but for now we needed the space for the gym equipment and toys.)  I love it! My living room has stayed clean for a week now. And if the playroom is a mess I can close the door and not stress out about it! The playroom shares a big room with Scott's weights/gym equipment. Hopefully soon we can get some kind of a divider to put between the two, but for now Madison doesn't bother it. Madison loves her playroom too! If she is not back there she is asking to go back there.  It also helps with sleeping during the day because it is on the complete opposite side of the house from the bedrooms. Normally when I work I hear her a couple times during the day, now I don't hear her at all! I think this is going to be a great thing for us all!!

 Looking in from the kitchen. The area above the table needs some pictures or something on the wall.

 View from the gym side. The door in the middle leads to what will be a bathroom and the door to the left is to the bathroom.

 Can you tell she likes it?


 Gym side...still needs some work.

 We finally have a place to use bigger toys. Grandma bought this ball pit for Madison in February, but we haven't anywhere to put it!

Check out the static. It has been really cold here lately. This cold dry hair plus the plastic of the Princess castle lead to crazy static hair!

2 comments:

Witenkling Mommy said...

Yay for a a playroom! The sleeping is an added bonus. Don't fret about what to put on the wall- there will be plenty. A friend of mine used some magnetic paint in her playroom and puts the kids artwork up on the walls.

Hent said...

Such a great room - Madison sure looks like she loves it.