Saturday, October 22, 2011

Full Term


I am now officially full term or 37 weeks as of Sunday. That means Mallorie can come anytime now! I would prefer if she wait until my scheduled day so that Dr Stubbs can be there and my mom will be down, but if she came now she should be just fine. These pictures were taken on Wednesday at 37weeks 3days. On Thursday I had an appointment with Dr S. I am now at weekly visits. All was well once again and I am now up 11 pounds. I will only have one more visit and then it will be c-section day! I have been having mixed emotions about that lately. I am excited to see/hold Mallorie and not be pregnant anymore, but I am really getting scared about the actual surgery. Last time it all went so fast and I was in so much pain and vomiting that I just wanted it over with and didn't really have time to think about it. But now I have nothing but time to think about it, what could go wrong and the pain afterwards. Last Saturday I was telling Scott about these feelings and I actually started crying (hormones are probably partially to blame!).
Physically I am SO ready for this pregnancy to be over with. I have been having way more aches and pains this go round than the last. My back hurts, my feet and ankles are swollen, I've had lots of quite uncomfortable braxton hicks contractions, and recently my entire pelvic area has been hurting! I am definitely ready to have my body back to myself. Luckily the nausea is gone mostly (I did get sick on Sunday and do get nauseous if I wait too long between snacks) and the heartburn is under control with the meds.
It's hard to believe I only have 10 days left until I get to hold my new little girl! And my mom will be here next Friday!

1 comment:

Witenkling Mommy said...

Yay! for delivery day!!! I was nervous too with an impending c-section. It will be completely fine, goes really fast, and you have the most awesomest OB ever! Are you going to ask to watch with a a mirror? I highly recommend. Oh, btw, I was at Stubb's office Thursday, too. Must have just missed you :)