Monday, October 31, 2011

Pumpkins in the Rain


Saturday we met Grandma at Lakes Park to go to their pumpkin patch. We went last year, but this year things seemed to be a bit better organized. As we were waiting for Grandma to get there Madison went on this big swing. While she was swinging I felt a couple of raindrops, but just a couple and then it seemed to go away.


Once Grandma arrived we headed over to the patch and bought our tickets. You needed tickets for bounce houses, pumpkins, hay rides, glow necklaces, etc. Madison was very excited to go on a bounce house, which totally shocked me because every time I have tried to get her on one in the past she has been scared of them. This day she was totally into it though! She loved bouncing in there!

 Climbing into the bounce house.

 Jump! Jump!

Ghostly Grandma and Madison!

After bouncing for a while we headed over to the 'Scarecrows in the Park' exhibit where local businesses had created scarecrows for everyone to judge. I voted for the one below, I think it was called pretty in pink.
 Madison really wanted to get up close with all the scarecrows. She HAD to touch the cat!

Our little pumpkin head! 

 Madison the witch!

And pirate girl Madison! 

 Madison then asked to bounce again, but we saw the hay ride was getting ready to leave, so we redirected her towards that and told her she could bounce after the ride. She was game! Above Madison and Grandma ready for our hay ride through the park.

 Mommy, Madison and Grandma! 38weeks 6 days preggo belly!

 Madison and Mommy on the hay ride.

 And Grandma and Madison!

As we were about halfway through our ride I felt raindrops again. The closer we got to the end the harder the rain began to fall. After we got off we went into the pumpkin patch to quickly pick out a pumpkin (the one I had gotten at our first patch had rotted). Luckily we found a pretty nice one fairly fast. With our remaining tickets I also bought a carving kit and a light-up pumpkin necklace for Madison.

 The pumpkins were all under a low cover. Madison could fit under there and told us it wasn't raining under there.


By the time we got to our cars it was pouring down rain. Despite the unfortunate weather we had a good time! Thanks for coming out in the rain, Grandma!

1 comment:

Witenkling Mommy said...

I see we're getting all caught up before the big day. I'm predicting a Halloween post before midnight :)Then you really will be all caught up :) We may have to check out LP next year. I was disappointed last year so we skipped it this year. Our fist pumpkin (and only) rotted, too. stinkin humidity. I noticed one vacant spot on the ghost cut out for Grandma and her two girls next year ;)