I am now 31 weeks (as of Sunday). I had an appointment with Dr S last Thursday (I go every 2 weeks now) and everything is still looking good. Mallorie's heart rate was 146. I did tell Dr S that I have been having really bad acid reflux. I have to take multiple Tums everyday, and it still is not really tolerable. So he prescribed Protonix for me, which has been a miracle drug! I got it filled on Friday and have had no heartburn since! He said it may take up to a week to take full effect, but lucky me it worked right away! The other problem I have experienced lately is crazy insomnia! Last week I worked Sunday, Monday and Tuesday night, so I slept most of the day. So when I couldn't sleep that night I blamed it on sleeping during the day, but it has continued every night since then. I have only been able to catch a couple of hours at a stretch. And when I do sleep it is very restless. I toss and turn because I am uncomfortable, and I have to use the restroom every 1-2 hours. It has been very frustrating! I am totally exhausted, but can't stay asleep! I have to work tonight and tomorrow, so hopefully I will be able to lay down again soon. It is definitely evident that the third trimester is upon me and all the uncomfortableness that goes with it! Oh yea I almost forgot to mention the backaches and contractions. I never had any Braxton hicks contractions with Madison, but I have definitely had some this time already. One day last weekend I was having them everytime I stood up, which was scaring me. I was about to call into the Dr, but then I rested a bit and they improved. But I haave still had them here and there. I also tend to get pains in my lower abdomen when walking far or quickly. It feels like a stitch in the side you might get when running, only it's low and on the sides of my belly. I have gotten them a few times walking into work (the employee parking lot is quite a hike from my unit). One day least week I had to actually take a break in the hallway on my way into work it was so painful.
I had mention before that Mallorie seems to be as active as Madison was, but I think now that she is more laid back. Madison was VERY active, but Mallorie seems to be a bit more 'chill'. I guess we'll soon see how that translates to the outside world. My c-section is 8 weeks from today, which is exciting and frightening at the same time! I am excited to have my body back, but we have so much to do before she comes. And at times I wonder how I will manage 2 kids! I am sure it will be fine but the unknowns are always a bit scary!
I don't have a belly pic to accompany this post unfortunately. I had hoped to get one this weekend, but I guess I forgot. I will try to post one soon.
1 comment:
Your lower belly pains sound like round ligament pains. I had them once or twice with Lorelai and quite a few times with Kinley. Can't recall them with Knox. 3rd trimester, I used to refer to it as the 'tried'mester. Its rough. in 8 weeks it will all be over :)
Post a Comment