Saturday, September 17, 2011

New Bed

Enjoying Mommy and Daddy's new bed!
After my mom left I had a couple of days to get our room cleaned out and painted before our new bed was scheduled to be delivered on Saturday. I was uncertain if I was going to be able to get it all done in time, but with a couple of really late nights I was able to get it done in time! They arrived about noon on Saturday and Madison was so interested in watching them put together our new bed, but I made her sit on the couch so she would be out of the way. About 20 minutes later our new KING-sized pillowtop bed was complete. Madison had to hop on it right away. It is much higher than our old bed, so I had to give her a boost to get up there. She thought it was a new playground. She kept bouncing on her knees and spinning around the bed. It was tough getting her to sit still long enough for a picture.
She looks so little on our king-sized bed!
I was in the process of washing all the new bedding, so soon after the bed was all set up I had it all put together and when Madison layed down for a nap I was able to test it out for the first time (I had been up until 5am painting the night before so I was exhausted!). I am in LOVE with our new bed. Our old bed had been a queen that had belonged to Scott before we got married and it was well worn in and very uncomfortable. This bed is SUCH a huge improvement! I look forward to more comfy nights in it! On a side note....after our naps we watched the Gators beat Tennessee!

The finished product! It definitely takes up most of the space in our room, but our comfort is more importnant than having space. I am happy with the color of the room and the bed and bedding. I still need to get another night stand and add some accessories and hang some pictures, but I am already pleased with how it looks!

No comments: