Thursday, September 8, 2011

NICU Reunion

 Madison getting her face painted by one of my supervisors, Missy.

Every year at my work we have a NICU Reunion for all of our NICU 'graduates.' It's always a huge event that takes place in the hospital atrium. There are usually somewhere between 200-400 people there. This year's theme was Big Top Circus. So they had cotton candy, popcorn, face painting, a clown making balloon animals, and a juggler. There were also a few games for the kids to do. Many of myco-workers bring their families, so I brought Madison and my mom. Madison REALLY enjoyed it! She ate SO much. First some popcorn and then a co-worker gave her cotton candy, and then she won a rice crispie square and a cup of goldfish. Whew!
I was also able to see several babies/kids and their parents that I took care of. It is so rewarding to see these kids growing and thriving and knowing how their tiny lives started out. Of course there are some that have some problems, but for the most part the kids are doing really well.
After the party (which was from 6-8pm) Madison, Grandma and I ran over to Ruby Tuesday for some dinner. Madison actually ate almost half of her grilled cheese which shocked me since she had eaten so much junk at the party!

 She did a good job holding still for Missy!

She got a blue heart to match her dress.

1 comment:

Witenkling Mommy said...

What a nice event! I bet it is quite rewarding to see so many little ones thriving. And neat to show them/their parents your kid(s), too.