Thursday, September 22, 2011

Update on Madison


Madison is now 33 months old! Wow, it's hard to believe in three months she will be three years old! I didn't realize her birthday was in three months until just now. She is definitely a big girl now, as she will tell you several times a day! Since I haven't given a real update on her in a long time I though now would be a good time!
Madison continues to be a sweetheart (most of the time!). She loves to tell us she loves us and gives out hugs and kisses. Most days when I have to go to work she tells me she doesn't want me to go and and tells me how much she will miss me, which totally breaks my heart and makes it that much harder to go to work. After I have worked she usually adorns me with extra love and snuggles (which I LOVE)! Madison also loves to dish out the love for Daddy, Grandma, Papa and Uncle Chris.
Madison is still super shy around people she doesn't know well or in crowded places. When walking into a room full of people she is very hesitant to enter the room and it takes some coersion to get her in. She will remain quiet and attached to my side for a little while. Once she gets accustomed to the place and the people she will open up some, but is still a bit reserved usually.
Madison is still a chatterbox (unless around unfamiliar people). She is always making noise of some kind. She will talk to us, her dolls, toys, etc. And if she isn't talking she is singing. She still likes to make up songs. She speaks so well (she uses big words and speaks in complete full sentences) and will repeat anything we say. For example this morning I said 'Oh my goodness' and Madison said "Gracious. Daddy always says 'Oh my goodness gracious.' And he says 'Great day in the morning!'" Yep she is right! He does use these two phrases frequently.


Madison is SO excited to be a big sister! She talks to, rubs and kisses my belly daily. She also likes to tell me all the things she is going to do for the baby. Today she told me that when Mallorie comes they are going to "play and play and play!" I have tried to explain to her that when babies are first born that they don't do much, but I don't think she completely understands yet. She then said that now she has to play by herself, but she can't wait to have someone to play with. Madison is so excited for her big girl room and can't wait to get her big girl bed (still won't be in for a couple more weeks). She understands that Mallorie is going to move into her old baby room, and seems to be okay with that since she is getting a new big girl room.
Potty training continues to be a huge success. During awake times she is accident free, but while sleeping she is still in pull-ups or diapers. Usually her pull-up is dry after naps, and sometimes it is dry in the morning. She does stickers sometimes. If she asks for them she can have one, but we don't have to use them every time anymore.


Madison is quite a little jokester. She likes to make us laugh. She will do something silly like put a napkin on her head and ask us if she looks good or silly, knowing very well that she is being silly! She also likes to tease us. If I am giving her kisses she will tell me to "save some kisses for Daddy!" and if Scott is kissing her she will tell him to save some for me. Tonight while she was playing in the bathtub I told her I loved her and she said no that Daddy loved her. We bantered back and forth with it for a couple minutes and she laughed. When I stopped talking about it she called me back and told me again that I didn't love her. She sure knows how to get us going!
Bedtime is stall time. Madison likes to make every excuse not to go to bed. One more book, one more song, etc. She also likes to whine when I tell her it is bedtime. She will ever tell us "I want to stay up ALL night!" Once she is in bed she likes to call out to us. She will yell for us, tell us she loves us, or even kick the wall, anything to try and get us to go back into her room. Recently I have begun to take books (she has about 5-6 soft covered books) out of her bed if I have to tell her more than once to be quiet. She did not like that at all!
Madison is a good little helper. After meals she takes her dishes to the sink and throws out her napkin. She also still likes to help me with laundry and picking up her room and the playroom.
She is usually very polite. She uses please, thank you, your welcome and excuse me usually without needing reminding. She will also tell me at the end of the meal how good I made it and thank you so much. Ha! She will say that even if its yogurt and fruit! Madison is usually very well behaved when we are out. Recently we were at Home Depot getting paint for my room and the lady commented on how well behaved Madison was. She called her an angel and even told me what I good mommy I was! So nice to hear such good things about me, my daughter and my parenting skills!
Madison is still super tall for her age. I'm not sure how tall she is, but people ask all the time if she is four! I have a couple of friends with 4 year olds and she is almost as tall as them, and she towers over most kids her age! I'm not quite sure where she gets her height from.
Overall Madison is such a sweet, fun little girl. We enjoy her so much and look forward to watching her continue to grow and develop into her own little person.

1 comment:

Witenkling Mommy said...

Aww. You need to have her come over to see Knox- and how much he doesn't do yet :) I remember Lorelai waiting for Kinley and then still waiting after she was born. But once they could play together- watch out! the fun was on. Books out of bed works for us, too. Most of the time. Yay for stranger compliments.