Thursday, September 22, 2011

33 Weeks


I was 33 weeks as of Sunday (so I am now 33w4d). Things have continued to go well. My nausea is pretty much gone. I haven't thrown up in about 3 1/2 weeks. I only get a little nauseous if it's been too long between meals/snacks. Also my heartburn has been so much better with the Protonix. I have only needed to take Tums like twice since I started the new med.
One new thing this week is the swelling in my feet. I work Sunday, Monday. Tuesday night this week and Wednesday morning when II got home from work my ankles were twice their normal size! The swelling in my feet started at 32 weeks with Madison so, at least this time it will be one week less! Small victories!
Last Thursday I had another OB appointment. Unfortunately Dr S was out of town and I had to see one of his partners. He was okay, but it just wasn't the same. Everything went well. Mallorie's HR was 138, the lowest it's ever been (I guess she was relaxed). I gained back the 2 pounds I had lost the visit before and am now back up to having gained 7 pounds total.
I'm not sure, but I think that Mallorie is still breech. I still feel her occasionally kick my bladder. But most of her kicks are up near my stomach. So I think she is still how she was at our u/s, bottom down and her head up top with her feet up by her head most of the time. I go back next week and maybe Dr S will be able to tell her position. But as I've said before it doesn't really matter her position since I have to have a c-section anyway.
Sleeping is hard. It has been a little bit better since we got our new bed, but I still wake up frequently to use the bathroom. And speaking of the bathroom, I feel like I have to go all the time. Anytime I stand up the pressure of Mallorie sends me to the bathroom. And most of the time after I pee I have a contraction (sorry if that's too much information). The contractions don't last long, but they are uncomfortable. I am still have some here and there at other times too.
Mallorie will be here in less than 6 weeks! (it was 6 weeks to go on Tuesday!) We still have so much to do! Physically I am ready to not be pregnant, but our house is not ready for her yet. Once we get Madison's bed and move her out of the nursery I will be able to get more things done, like go thru Madison's old clothes and wash and put them away. Once that is done I will feel more ready for her arrival, but until then I am enjoying our time together (despite the 'bad' side effects of pregnancy). I love to feel her move and I will miss that part of being pregnant!

My crazy looking belly button!

1 comment:

Witenkling Mommy said...

I miss that part of being pregnant but that's all i miss :) I know what you mean about seeing someone other than Dr. S. Just not the same at ALL! Thankfully the nausea stopped - 10 weeks of no nausea is better than none at all, right?! 44 days! yipee