Saturday, September 24, 2011
Stranger Danger
Friday while I was painting my room Madison was in the living room watching a movie and Scott was outside cutting the grass. I was positive I had locked the front door (deadbolt and all), but then I heard the front door open. I ran out to see what was going on. Madison had decided she wanted to see Daddy, she said she was lonely in the living all by herself. I later tested her to see if she had unlocked the front door or if I had forgotten to lock it. She had no trouble at all unlocking the deadbolt! So I took the oportunity to go over stranger danger with her. I was unsure how she would respond to it, but she suprised me with how much she understood. I told her not to ever open the door without Mommy and Daddy and to never go outside alone. She was receptive so I continued on with the discussion. I told her not to talk to strangers unless Mommy or Daddy were there. And she told me she would run home to us. I also told her to NEVER get into a car with a stranger. And she asked why. So I told her they would take her away. And she said to another house? She repeated that she would yell for Mommy and Daddy and run home. Hopefully we never need to use any of this, but I was very impressed with how much she seemed to understand for a two year old.
No comments:
Post a Comment