Thursday, July 8, 2010

High Rise

Thursday June 24th Madison and I (Scott was working) met my parents and Chris at Tom and Lois' new condo. It's a high rise building on the river with amazing windows and balconies and BEAUTIFUL views!! I could totally get used to it!!
Madison had been having a rough afternoon, I almost didn't go because she was whiny and crying all afternoon. But my mom convinced me to go. I was worried how she'd do being that she normally eats dinner at 6pm and we didn't get there until 6:30, and then mom and Lois had a glass or two of wine. Which gave us a chance to take some pictures, but Madison was quickly deteriorating because she was hungry. So, I politely asked if we could leave for dinner soon. Luckily Lois also had a couple of graham crackers that Madison munched on as we were getting ready to go.


Madison and Papa on the balcony.


Mommy and Madison!

We had a very short drive to Pinchers, you could practically see it from their condo. Pinchers Crab Shack is right on the water and the views were great, but it is an open concept restaurant and was therefore quite hot. We had good food and great company. Madison ate well but as she finished eating the meltdown started. It was already well past her bedtime and she was hot and sweaty. We made a quick exit and headed home. Madison screamed and cried the whole way home. Luckily it was only about 5 minutes away! She was so upset that she actually threw-up a little. By the sound she made I thought it was going to be her entire dinner, but it was only a tiny amount on her face and carseat strap. This is the first time she has ever thrown up at all, aside from a little spit-up here and there when she was a newborn.
Despite the fussiness and the mega-meltdown, I am so glad that we ventured out and were able to see Lois and Tom and their new place!



1 comment:

Witenkling Mommy said...

Wow- those floor to ceiling windows are amazing! where is this palce? NFM? sorry she had a meltdown, but it happens.