Geoff, Jenna and the girls had gone out on the boat with Uncle Al that day. I had wanted to get Madison out on the boat one day, but it turned out to be a good thing we didn't go because that day we had a big rainstorm. They were on the boat in the middle of it! That would not have been a good thing with a one year old. When they got back they brought Sam (my cousin Kathy's little girl) with them. Sam is about 8 months older than Taylor, and they get along very well when they are together. Sam ended up spending the night with us that night.
Later that night we all went to Dairy queen for ice cream. Mom, Madison and I drove there and the others walked (like 10-15 minute walk). My dad was out that night, so he stayed home with Chris (we brought Chris some home with us!). It was a last minute decision to go, so I had already bathed Madison and she was in her Pj's. So I took her in her jammies! We had a great time. I got Madison a cone with vanilla ice cream and sprinkles. The entire cone was covered in sprinkles. Since this Dairy Queen is outside seating only, her ice cream melted way quicker than she could eat it! She had a bib on, but that only caught a fraction of the mess. She had sprinkles from her head to her toes...literally. She had sprinkles in her crocs! We finished our ice cream and headed home. Lauren rode home with us, I could tell her was tired from the walk there. Before I put Madison in the car I stripped her down to her diaper, and as soon as we got home I hosed her down in the shower! It was a mess, but so fun!!
1 comment:
Those two curly-haired girls are cutie pies :) Thanks for inviting us out. The girls had a great time. We're looking forward to next year, too. :)
Post a Comment