Friday, July 9, 2010

So Many Words!

Madison is a very talkative little girl! Over the last day I have been trying to compile a list of all of the words she knows. I came up with 170 words! (She may not say them perfect but she consistently says them the same way.) My guess of 100 was a bit low! Luckily my friend Kellie and my cousin Tiffany already did this for their girls, so it made it a little easier. I read thru their lists and found the words Maddie knew which also jogged my memory of similar words or related words. Thanks Tiff and Kellie! There may be a word or two I missed but this is about it...until she leans another new word tomorrow!

Mommy, Daddy, GaGa (Grandma), Papa, Chris, Lauren, Taylor, Lorelai, Kinley, Duckie, Doggie, Kitty, Cat, Seahorse, Walrus, Pool, Bucket, Kick, Water, Jump, Step, Bottle, Cup, Milk, Eggs, Cheerios, Fruit, Waffles, Ice, Ice Cream, Corn, Banana, Turkey, Chicken, Cheese, Sit, Color, Crayons, Car, Keys, Hi, Bye, Eye, Nose, Elbow, Arm, Armpit, Eyebrow, Feet, Shoes, Shirt, Bow, Yea, I Love You!, Boat, Oh Man!, No, Go, Up, Down, Please, Thank you, Ok, Hamburger, Fix it, Ouchie, Boo Boo, Pretty, Face, Good, Girl, Stinky, Phone, Apple, Fish, Froggie, Bunny, Pooh, Blanket, Book, One, Two, Three, More, Diaper, PeePee, PooPoo, UhOh, Baby, Doll, Toe, Toys, Silly, All Wet, Socks, Me, Mine, Fish, Cookie, Spoon, Fork, Wash, Teeth, Night night, Bubbles, Open, Close, Stop, Flower, Ball, Back (back up), French fries, Goggles, Glasses, Yogurt, Kiss, Bite, Lights, Potty, Play, Deck, Kids, Snack, Piggie, Yummy, Blue, Pink, Orange, Turtle, TV, Chocolate, Cook, Bite, Wheezey, Patches, Puppy, Wow, Happy, Talk, Princess, Puzzle, Horse, Cone, Drink, Umbrella, Hush, Bib, Hat, Get, It, Shorts, Butt, Boobies, Mole, Silly, Boogie, Nap, Tag, Bag, Bath, Plate, Picture, Lights, On, Off, See, Know, Hot Cold.

Whew! That was tough! Madison has also been combining 2 and 3 words into simple phrases/sentences. For example she likes to add I to lots of things, like I sit, I talk, I phone, I good girl, I walk, I go, etc. She has gotten pretty good over the past week and a half at "I love you!" My new favorite phrase of course! Some other phrases she's used include, mommy/daddy car, Car keys, Mommy good girl, Patches good girl, Good corn. That's all I can remember right now, but I know there have been others.

Thanks, Kellie for the challenge! It's been fun and insightful!

2 comments:

Hent said...

It amazes me how quickly they learn. 170 is pretty impressive... and to think her word bank is going to keep growing!

Witenkling Mommy said...

See,I told you you would be amazed! Kinley's has grown immensely since I did it! Go Maddie!