Saturday, July 24, 2010

Potty Chair

I recently bought Madison a potty chair.  She had been asking to go potty, and I had put her on the big potty, so I figured it was time to get her a training potty.  It has three functions. A potty chair, a potty seat to add on top of the toilet and a step stool.  Madison loves it! She thinks it is her new toy!  The first couple of days she constantly was asking to sit on it.  Since then the novelty of it has worn off some and now she only asks a couple of times a day.  She has never actually had any success on it, other than a few toots!  Usually when she sits on it she tells me to sit on the big potty.  I guess she doesn't want to do it alone!  I haven't been pushing potty training on her.  I just wanted her to have it available if she wants to use it. I think we are a long way off from actual potty training, but if it helps her get used to it then I'm all for it.  But I will let her tell me when she is ready!
As I said it is also a step stool. When you close the lid you can stand on it.  Madison is obsessed with this function! She loves to stand on it and look at herself in the mirror.  She will also get up there multiple times a day and ask to either brush her teeth or wash her hands.

2 comments:

Witenkling Mommy said...

Neat-o potty. Great idea to have it around. She will definitely let you know when she is ready :)

Hent said...

How exciting! Maybe she will want to learn sooner now that it is around for her to try.