Waiting to get on the boat. Madison still loves rocks!
Friday of vacation Grandma and Papa rented a pontoon boat. This was probably the thing Grandma was most looking forward to. We were watching the weather all week before and it was showing rain for most of the time we were going to be in Georgia. We had already gotten rained on while leaving the bowling alley the day before and Friday the rain was expected to start even sooner. We had the boat reserved from 10am-2pm. It was cloudy when we left for the boat, but not raining, so we decided to give it a shot.
We headed out on Nottely Lake just after 10am. It was beautiful despite the gloomy weather. I had no idea there was such a huge lake in Blairsville. It was unlike any lake in Florida. When you looked ahead you would swear there was a dead-end ahead, but it was just turning around a mountain.
Madison was enjoying being on the boat, Papa even let her drive for a little bit, but Mallorie was not happy at all. She is not a fan of the life jacket at all! Daddy tried to hold her but I soon took over (that's one reason I don't have many pictures!). She was crying and arching. I finally gave her some puffs and that kept her content for a bit. After we had been out for half an hour or so we looked ahead and could see the rain falling on the mountains ahead of us. Within a couple of minutes we started to feel some sprinkles. We were already feeling cold with no sun out, but once the rain hit us we were all freezing. Grandma I had been sitting towards the front with Mallorie on my lap, Uncle Chris, Scott and Madison were towards the back under the canopy. With the rain I went to the back to try and keep the baby under cover as much as possible. We were all bundled under towels, but still freezing. We stopped for a minute trying to decide if we should stop near some trees to block it out and wait for it to pass or if we should call it quits. Grandma said the weather showed it would probably not pass soon, so we decided to head back to the marina. We pulled back in a little before 11:30. Thankfully they only charged my parents for the gas which was like $13! My parents are looking into buying a pontoon boat from them, so I think he was being nice....Score for us!
Captain Bob!
You can see Mallorie's lack of enthusiasm for her life jacket!
We had picked up Subway on our way to the boat and had planned to have a little picnic on the boat, so instead we went home and had a picnic on the porch! It may not have been how we had planned it, but we still had a fun time! I would definitely like to get back out on the lake again when the weather is better!
That night we went to Sicily's for dinner. Yum! On our way home we (Scott, the girls and I...we had to take separate cars wherever we went) decided to try a different road to look at some other areas. The road was a little country hilly road that runs parallel to the main highway. My parents live just off of the highway, but at the other end of their road it was curvy and hilly. When we were almost home Madison whined and we told her not to get the baby anymore upset. Then we hear her gag then (just as we are pulling into the carport) she threw up all down herself and in her car seat. I may be a nurse, but I can not handle throw-up. Thankfully Scott went right to it and cleaned it up. He is used to throw- up I just deal with little baby spit up. We thought maybe she had eaten too much greasy food at dinner (garlic knots and pizza), but from then on almost every time we got in the car she told us she was going to throw up. Luckily she didn't. Apparently Madison now gets car sick, but sometimes when she says it she is smiling and giggling. We are not quite sure if she really understands or if she is just trying to get attention.
When we got inside it was straight to the shower for Madison. As I was getting her cleaned up Grandma gave Mallorie a bath in the baby tub.
Clean, happy baby after her bath!








2 comments:
Lake looks like fun. It will be a great activity if/when your parents get a boat. I was so worried about car sickness... I always am.
Aw! great photos from the boat! looks like everyone had a great time!
Post a Comment