Today Mallorie had her 9 month well visit with Dr Jones...a little late since she will be 10 months in a couple days. We have always seen Dr Berget, but when I called to schedule we could get in a little sooner with Dr Jones. We had seen Dr Jones once before (Mallorie's first check up when she was born) and I had really liked him, so I decided to see him again. I think we may stick with him. There was nothing wrong with Dr Berget I just felt like Dr J had more personality and was younger (ie he will be around longer than Dr B).
Mallorie came out with a clean bill of health. She is still not a fan of the doctor's office due to her extreme stranger anxiety. Dr J was good with her though. He even involved Madison making her be his guinea pig. He would listen to Madison's heart/lungs and then Mallorie's. He did the same with looking in her mouth and feeling her tummy. Despite his efforts to keep her calm though she pulled away from him, clung to me and screamed 'mama!'
Lucky for Mallorie today's visit was shot-free! She did though have to get her toe stuck for a hemoglobin check, which was fine at 12.4. Mallorie is a peanut compared to Madison at this age. Madison was always 90-95th percentile on height and about 75th on weight. I knew Mallorie was smaller, but I guess I didn't realize she was this much smaller! Here are her stats:
Weight: 18lb 10oz, 45th percentile
Length: 28 1/4 in, 55th percentile
Head Circumference: 44cm, 45th percentile
At her 6 months visit she was 90th for height. Dr J thought it was weird that she had dropped so much (only grew 1 inch in 4 months), but said maybe it was a bad measurement if she was wiggling or something. I thought the nurse got a good measure of her though. He then asked me if she was nursing well and I said yes and then I asked if he was concerned about her drop in the curve. He said he wasn't and said we can see better where she is next time and again said it may have just been a bad measurement. So I guess we will see when we go back for her one year appointment.
Getting so good at standing all on her own. As shown in the second picture, she will bend at the knees, dance sometimes or pick up a toy and stand back up.
On a side note, Mallorie got tooth #5 this week. The upper right one next to the middle one, and today Dr J said the left one should be here by the weekend! She was rather fussy again tonight...oh the joys of teething!!






No comments:
Post a Comment