Thursday, August 30, 2012

Falls Park

After we finished at the zoo Grandma said she wanted to take us to Falls Park and walk across a suspension bridge. She actually started the conversation by asking me if I was scared of heights! I said I wasn't, but I wanted to make sure it was safe for the girls. She said it was. I was thinking it would be a little park with a swinging rope-type bridge. However it was a very large park with a bridge made out of concrete and steel right in the middle of downtown! After we found parking (which took a while since we had two cars to find spots for in the middle of the day in a fairly big city right downtown) we walked over to the park. I wish we would have had more time to explore the park and downtown, but the kids were getting very hungry and tired. Greenville was a beautiful city and the downtown was very cute and clean. Falls park was really pretty. There were lots of grassy areas and walking paths which we only saw from up on the bridge, and the bridge was quite large right over a river with a waterfall that flowed right through downtown! I was quite impressed! Hopefully we can go back one day and either take a picnic lunch or try one of the cute restaurants we saw.
The park area on the other side of the bridge from the waterfall.

Sorry for the squinty eyes in most of the shots, but it was really sunny out!
 
Beautiful! Notice the buildings right behind the falls.

The cables you can see on the right side are what suspend the bridge over the river. They connected to large beams.


"It's too bright to look that way, Mom!"

Grandad and Grandma

No comments: