Friday, November 6, 2009

A Busy Day

Today Madison and I kept busy while Scott got some sleep before he had to work tonight. After breakfast we headed to Target to do a little shopping. I needed to get Madison some new shoes. She really only has a pair of white sandals and some imitation crocs that fit her. Her feet are so short and fat that I can't get shoes to go over the pudge on the top of her feet. And since it was cool out today, relatively speaking for Florida, I put her in a long sleeve dress and leggings, but had no shoes to go with it. I found a really cute pair of brown shoes at Target, size 5. They are a bit big, but it seems like every time I buy shoes that fit in the store, they don't fit her fat foot once I get her home. These have plenty of growing room and will hopefully fit for awhile. I was hoping to make it to Publix after that, but Madison was getting fussy, so we headed home so she could take a nap. I put her down about 11am and she slept until 12:45. Madison's nap schedule has been hot or miss lately...sometimes she only takes an am nap and others it's just a pm nap, and some days she takes two. Today was just the one late morning nap.

Madison is eating all "real" foods now. Today's lunch...turkey, green beans, shredded cheese and strawberries. She will eat a little of almost anything, but definitely likes veggies the least.

Patches loves when Madison eats. She will wait under or near Madison's highchair waiting for anything to fall to the ground. Patches will eat anything too, even the veggies!


A closer look at Patches waiting for her "lunch." Madison will intentionally throw things over for her to eat too.


After lunch we went to Publix and did some grocery shopping. I bought a pack of soft headbands to try on Madison. I thought it looked pretty cute, but Madison kept trying to take it off.

When we got home from Publix, We hung out for a while then Madison had some yogurt for a snack. Since it was so nice outside, low humidity, windy and about 78 degrees, I decided to take Madison to a near-by park to enjoy the beautiful day. We had never been to this park....it has been WAY to hot outside. All we did there was the swings, that's about all she can do for now. Madison loved swinging on the swing and enjoyed the wind blowing her hair. Hopefully the weather will continue to stay this way for as long as possible.








3 comments:

Witenkling Mommy said...

Wowza! so many posts in one day! yippee! Alli scavenges the seat once Kinley is removed :) I see you are letting her eat yogurt and more 'real' foods now. I'm sure she loves it! Kinley still hasn't met a food she doesn't like - even with no teeth :)

Becky, Grant, Penelope and Reagan said...

The headband is super cute!!

Anonymous said...

She's getting soo big! I agree she does look remarkably like you and I see a little Scott in there too :) Miss you guys!

Danielle