Madison and Grandma in front of one of the bounce houses.
After walking around outside and talking to some of Grandma's friends we went inside to the cafeteria where they had chairs and tables to eat at and a silent auction. She walked around the auction and then sat down to feed Madison some lunch. During lunch we ran into Shelley, Bethany and Austin. Shelley is the Principal's secretary and Bethany is her daughter and she is also a pre-K teacher at Orangewood. I have known them since I was in high school. Bethany is a year younger than me and her son, Austin, is 3 1/2 months older than Madison. I had only ever seen him when he was a couple of weeks old at my baby shower. And Madison had never seen him before. We had been meaning to have a play date, but it just hadn't happened yet. They were hilarious together. Madison is such a flirt! But I had never seen her try to kiss another baby before. But she went in for kiss after kiss! And Austin didn't seem to mind either! I can't wait until we can get them together again!
Madison was the first to go in for a kiss! At first Austin didn't know what to do, but after she kissed him a couple times he leaned in too. They headbutted each other a couple of times!
Mandy, Madison, Bethany and Austin
After the toddler kissing session, we browsed the silent auction baskets. I put in a few bids, but thought I probably wouldn't win any of them since the auction didn't end until 2:30 and we left at 1:30. Madison fell asleep as soon as we pulled away from the school and I was actually able to get her out of her car seat and put her in her crib without any fuss. She slept for almost 3 hours! Later that afternoon, my mom called me and said I had won one of the baskets. It was a "green" basket. It was filled with green items, there was green cleaning products, grocery shopping bags, etc. It was probably worth $100 or s, and I got it for $25! I won't have to buy any cleaning products for the next year!
My basket I won in the silent auction.
Madison helping check out all the items in my basket!
1 comment:
I'm a kid who went to Orangewood, and I will tell you loud and clear. Its a place for learning and a place for fun, year after year after year.....
I need to go to the festival at my alum next year!
Post a Comment