Thursday, July 8, 2010

Liz and Kyle Get Married!!

June 19th was Liz and Kyle's wedding. It was also the first time Madison had really stayed with anyone other than us or my mom. (My friend Lisa watched Madison last summer while we were at Scott's reunion, but they were in the same hotel and Scott checked on her once and I was only gone an hour or two.) My friend Kellie had agreed to keep Madison while we were at the wedding. The wedding started at 5:30, but we had to get Madison to Kellie's by 4:30 to make it to the wedding in time. Kellie said Madison did quite well. Madison knows Kellie and her girls quite well and only asked for mommy a couple of times. Kellie had said Madison could spend the night, but Daddy was not ready to leave her that long! I told her we would be back no later than 11pm and I thought it would be more like 10pm.
The wedding ceremony was at Saint Columbkil Catholic Church. It was a beautiful ceremony and Liz looked gorgeous!


Exchanging of Rings

So happy to be Mr and Mrs McCollum!!



After the ceremony we headed over to Sanibel Harbor for the reception. I had passed by it several times, but never been there before. It is actually not on Sanibel, it is just before the causeway on the bay. It was breathtaking. The cocktail hour was held outside the ballroom and on a balcony. The balcony made for many amazing photo opportunities.


Scott and I with the amazing views behind us!

My mom and I

Aunt Jan, Me, Mom

My lovely Parents!

My cousin Kelley (the Maid of Honor) and Me

Me, Chris, Scott

Scott as the sun is beginning to set.

And then Me.

Why I love Florida!!

The first dance.
The reception was great. At our table was Scott and Me, My parents and brother and my cousins and their spouses Kathy and Brian, Kevin and Laura. It was a great table full of many laughs. The night seemed to fly by. When I asked what time it was and heard it was almost 11pm I was shocked. We said our goodbyes and headed out to pick up Madison! She woke up when we put her in the car and stayed awake the whole ride home, but went back to sleep easily once we got home. A huge thanks to Kellie and Jon for watching Madison for us!!

1 comment:

Witenkling Mommy said...

Your dress is so perfect for an evening summer wedding. Love it. The bride and groom look so happy and giddy in that one shot- too cute. We were more than happy to have Madison stay with us. She was a total sweetie and my girls loved having her here. Next time, I bet we could convince you to have her stay overnight. Lorelai really wanted to have pancakes with her.